Leveraging Cloud Technology
As your business grows, so do your challenges. Among them are increasingly sophisticated and rapidly changing technology demands coupled with ever-more-complex regulatory requirements and security concerns. At the same time, there is a very real opportunity to set the stage for smart IT modifications that meet your current needs while preparing you for the technologies of the future.
Many organizations seize these opportunities by choosing highly-flexible cloud solutions like Infrastructure as a Service for some or all of their IT framework. They know a mature IT/cloud system is linked to increased business growth, reduced operational requirements, and better security.
At YJT we understand there is no one-size-fits-all infrastructure solution. That’s why our engineers and architects work with you to develop a customized, tailored-to-a-T, flexible Cloud Infrastructure as a Service technology solution that meets your unique business and regulatory concerns.
The YJT Solutions Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Platform
YJT’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform is designed for small to mid-sized organizations who want a complete, customizable end-to-end solution that taps into the benefits of the Cloud. We work side by side with you to provide:
- The virtual IT hardware, storage, networking and other capacities you need to enhance and expand operations without worrying about buying, managing or maintaining equipment.
- A system that is optimized for your needs regarding speed, flexibility, and security.
- Choices (and recommendations) on how your IT functions are stored, as well as who will have access and from which devices.
- A private cloud solution for organizations that must meet enhanced compliance levels. Our platform meets or exceeds regulatory standards for control, security, reliability, and efficiency.
Once designed, we can not only custom-build and implement your cloud solution, but we can support it ’round the clock at a detailed level. The YJT Solutions Service Desk is staffed 24/7/365 with technologists in downtown Chicago.
YJT’s IaaS platform was designed using best practices developed over 14 years of consulting, delivering, and monitoring server, storage, and networking technologies in the greater-Chicago region.
Learn more about the YJT IaaS platform and how you could benefit from working with a systems architect who can customize the Cloud to meet your particular business needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Organizations of all shapes and sizes are now talking about how to maximize the advantages of migrating their data to the cloud on IaaS platforms. For those who have not yet done so, the question is no longer if—but when. The options are numerous, the information available is sometimes overwhelming, and the process can seem daunting. However, YJT aims to simplify this important and strategic move that many clients are making. Some are migrating away from on-premise physical hardware dependencies, and others are transferring from a hybrid or data-center solution that doesn’t adequately meet their needs or expectations. No matter where you fall on that spectrum, it’s important to ask questions and understand how decisions about the Cloud will impact your business.
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions.
- 1.) What is Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)?Button
- IaaS is cloud-based solution for data storage, networking, and systems management. It’s generally structured as a monthly subscription service through which your investment in YJT IaaS buys capacity within a highly-refined virtual computing environment that’s fully managed, monitored, and redundant. IaaS is the state-of-the-art alternative to the traditional practice of acquiring and maintaining expensive hardware, equipment, and licensing either on-premise or in a data center.
- 2.) How much does IaaS cost?Button
- The cost depends on which services—storage capacity, connectivity, security and applications—your company needs. YJT designs your IaaS so that it can be implemented in stages that match your timeline and financial capabilities. Economies of scale and shared costs make IaaS much less expensive than capital investments in on-site systems.
- 3.) Are additional resources or upgrades required in order to move to IaaS?Button
- The technical expertise needed to administer your IT system is key to your long-term satisfaction. YJT’s IaaS solutions can be deployed with a higher degree of self-administration for clients needing less technical assistance, or with complete oversight from YJT by choosing a complementary full managed services package. Either way, you can tap our resources rather than ramping up your own personnel requirements. For any organization moving to the Cloud, fast and reliable connectivity is also key. YJT will evaluate your current Internet connectivity or private WAN to determine if you need to upgrade these resources for optimum performance.
- 4.) What is the availability/uptime performance of YJT IaaS?Button
- As a world-class service made accessible to small and mid-sized businesses, the YJT IaaS solution is created to work just as often as we do—24/7/365. On our IaaS model, you can expect 100 percent uptime outside of minimal, planned maintenance windows. As for speed and accessibility, the YJT IaaS platform is built on fully redundant systems that may significantly improve upon the performance you may be settling for in your on-premise solution.
- 5.) How is the IaaS platform supported by YJT?Button
- We don’t sell a solution without standing behind it. Our IaaS clients have night and day, round-the-clock access to our Service Desk. We provide support via phone, email, or our web-based ticketing platform and have the resources to respond when your environment needs attention. YJT has technologists in our Chicago office working at every hour to help remedy any issues that present themselves.
- 6.) Does the YJT IaaS platform also fulfill the function of backup and disaster recovery solutions? Button
- Yes! YJT’s Iaas is built to be fully redundant, so you know your data will always be secure. By moving your data functions to an IaaS platform, you create opportunities to add configuration for sound backup processes as well as customized disaster recovery capabilities. YJT can guide you through options that may effectively reduce and eliminate your technology risk exposure in the form of data loss or business interruption.
- 7.) My organization is subject to certain security regulations. Are there IaaS options that accommodate these special concerns? Button
- Depending on your industry and operating environment, you may be wary of modifying your technology system in light of regulatory compliance concerns. However, we account for these when building the framework of your IaaS solution and the YJT platform can effectively meet many of these demands. The YJT Private Cloud in many cases may be right for those who need maximum control, partitioning, and custom policy provisions.
- 8.) Can the YJT IaaS solutions scale along with changes and growth in my organization? Button
- One of the greatest benefits of moving to an IaaS model for your networking and data management is the ability to quickly adjust your computing capacity to match the current needs of your business. This agility makes the traditional practice of acquiring and retiring hardware (as well as their related systems and personnel) as your business ebbs and flows seem outmoded. With this flexibility, you’re neither strapped for resources nor paying for more resources than you need, and your technology environment can keep close pace with fluctuating operational demands.