Leveraging Cloud Technology
At YJT, we truly believe that there is no one-size-fits-all infrastructure solution. That’s why our engineers and architects work with you to develop a custom-tailored, flexible IaaS technology solution. Whether your goal is reducing costs or improving performance, we’ll recommend the right solution to meet your unique business and regulatory concerns.
Our Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Platform
Our IaaS platform is specially designed for mid-sized organizations who want a complete, customizable end-to-end solution that taps into the benefits of cloud technology. Our Infrastructure as a Service solution gives you access to the cloud, the way you want it, with all the performance, reliability and scalability that got you excited about cloud IaaS in the first place. We work side-by-side with you to deliver:
- The virtual IT hardware, storage, and networking that you need to enhance and expand operations, without worrying about buying, managing or maintaining equipment.
- A system that is optimized for your needs, regarding speed, flexibility, and security.
- Flexibility to choose how your IT functions are stored, as well as who will have access, and from which devices, whenever you see fit.
- A private cloud solution for organizations that have elevated compliance standards to comply with. Our platform meets and, in some cases, exceeds regulatory standards for control, security, reliability, and efficiency including HIPAA compliance, and PCI capabilities with its Type II SSAE 16 SOC 2.
Once designed, we have the capability and bench strength to custom-build and implement your cloud solutions, and then support it around the clock with our best-in-class, 24/7/365 Command Center. Our best in class IT managed services team can provide you with the support that you need while monitoring and managing your cloud infrastructure.
While Infrastructure as a Service is a powerful solution that frees up time and expenditures, cloud infrastructure still needs upkeep. YJT combines its extensive knowledge of infrastructure technologies and our expertise in managed IT services to ensure that your infrastructure achieves the uptime required for your business.
Infrastructure Preparedness Assessment
Through our Infrastructure Preparedness Assessment, YJT will identify the investments that will be required to move to our IaaS platform, and will also outline the potential benefits that a cloud infrastructure would provide to your organization.
We’ve developed a focused and thorough assessment process during our 15+ years providing managed IT services, in which we:
- Document the current state of your network, to help identify your current and future infrastructure system requirements.
- Architect a cloud-based environment that provides your business with operational readiness – designed to meet your current needs, and to accommodate future demand, as your business continues to innovate and scale.
- Develop a migration plan from your existing on-premise network to the customized infrastructure solution that YJT architects have developed with your business and security needs in mind.
The YJT cloud is a flexible, robust and secure environment that provides our clients with flexible co-location (colo) options that enable them to migrate their existing infrastructure to a tier 1 data center or utilize best-in-class virtualization with VMware.
Frequently Asked Questions
Organizations of all shapes and sizes are now talking about how to maximize the advantages of migrating their data to the cloud on IaaS platforms. For those who have not yet done so, the question is no longer if—but when. The options are numerous, the information available is sometimes overwhelming, and the process can seem daunting. However, YJT aims to simplify this important and strategic move that many clients are making. Some are migrating away from on-premise physical hardware dependencies, and others are transferring from a hybrid or data-center solution that doesn’t adequately meet their needs or expectations. No matter where you fall on that spectrum, it’s important to ask questions and understand how decisions about the Cloud will impact your business.
Below are some of our most frequently asked questions.
- 1.) What is Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)?Button
- IaaS is cloud-based solution for data storage, networking, and systems management. It’s generally structured as a monthly subscription service through which your investment in YJT IaaS buys capacity within a highly-refined virtual computing environment that’s fully managed, monitored, and redundant. IaaS is the state-of-the-art alternative to the traditional practice of acquiring and maintaining expensive hardware, equipment, and licensing either on-premise or in a data center.
- 2.) How much does IaaS cost?Button
- The cost depends on which services—storage capacity, connectivity, security and applications—your company needs. YJT designs your IaaS so that it can be implemented in stages that match your timeline and financial capabilities. Economies of scale and shared costs make IaaS much less expensive than capital investments in on-site systems.
- 3.) Are additional resources or upgrades required in order to move to IaaS?Button
- The technical expertise needed to administer your IT system is key to your long-term satisfaction. YJT’s IaaS solutions can be deployed with a higher degree of self-administration for clients needing less technical assistance, or with complete oversight from YJT by choosing a complimentary full managed services package. Either way, you can tap our resources rather than ramping up your own personnel requirements. For any organization moving to the Cloud, fast and reliable connectivity is also key. YJT will evaluate your current Internet connectivity or private WAN to determine if you need to upgrade these resources for optimum performance.
- 4.) What is the availability/uptime performance of YJT IaaS?Button
- As a world-class service made accessible to small and mid-sized businesses, the YJT IaaS solution is created to work just as often as we do—24/7/365. On our IaaS model, you can expect 100 percent uptime outside of minimal, planned maintenance windows. As for speed and accessibility, the YJT IaaS platform is built on fully redundant systems that may significantly improve upon the performance you may be settling for in your on-premise solution.
- 5.) How is the IaaS platform supported by YJT?Button
- We don’t sell a solution without standing behind it. Our IaaS clients have night and day, round-the-clock access to our Service Desk. We provide support via phone, email, or our web-based ticketing platform and have the resources to respond when your environment needs attention. YJT has technologists in our Chicago office working at every hour to help remedy any issues that present themselves.
- 6.) Does the YJT IaaS platform also fulfill the function of backup and disaster recovery solutions? Button
- Yes! YJT’s Iaas is built to be fully redundant, so you know your data will always be secure. By moving your data functions to an IaaS platform, you create opportunities to add configuration for sound backup processes as well as customized disaster recovery capabilities. YJT can guide you through options that may effectively reduce and eliminate your technology risk exposure in the form of data loss or business interruption.
- 7.) My organization is subject to certain security regulations. Are there IaaS options that accommodate these special concerns? Button
- Depending on your industry and operating environment, you may be wary of modifying your technology system in light of regulatory compliance concerns. However, we account for these when building the framework of your IaaS solution and the YJT platform can effectively meet many of these demands. The YJT Private Cloud in many cases may be right for those who need maximum control, partitioning, and custom policy provisions.
- 8.) Can the YJT IaaS solutions scale along with changes and growth in my organization? Button
- One of the greatest benefits of moving to an IaaS model for your networking and data management is the ability to quickly adjust your computing capacity to match the current needs of your business. This agility makes the traditional practice of acquiring and retiring hardware (as well as their related systems and personnel) as your business ebbs and flows seem outmoded. With this flexibility, you’re neither strapped for resources nor paying for more resources than you need, and your technology environment can keep close pace with fluctuating operational demands.