Organizations of all types approach IT managed services from differing perspectives. We are uniquely equipped to respond to the distinct needs of each company—regardless of where they are at in the spectrum of IT management.
The bottom line? Our answers to common problems consistently deliver superior service and support. Outsourcing IT does not have to be a radical undertaking. However, we can’t promise you won’t enjoy radically improved outcomes as a result of partnering with YJT.
Here are some examples of concerns we hear from IT and business leaders, and how we speak to each issue:
- If you’ve already outsourced your IT to another provider:Button
“My current IT service provider is just not meeting my expectations.”
The sad fact is that most MSPs over-promise and under-deliver, and yet employees’ expectations of IT service levels are rising. Delivering superior service is complicated to get right and requires specialized skills, superior toolsets, and a complete focus on customer service and continuous improvement.
We are grateful for the opportunity to earn the business and ongoing trust of each of our customers, and it’s reflected in our numbers:
- YJT’s customer satisfaction rating, as independently measured by the Help Desk Institute CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) surveys, is currently at an unheard-of 4.95/5.0 (as of December 2016), and we will never stop striving for a perfect 5.0 across the board from every employee of every customer.
- Approximately half of our Managed Services business has come from replacing incumbent MSPs.
- We have the highest customer retention rate in the industry at over 95%.
“I’m frustrated by the monthly bills from my current MSP. I’m never quite sure what the ‘additional charges’ are going to be.”
Many outsourced IT providers charge fixed fees for the scope of managed services presented during the sales process — and it all seems comprehensive at the time. However, businesses are not static, and it can be a routine surprise and source of increasing frustration for CFOs and business owners when “out of scope” charges are assessed.
At YJT we structure our pricing to be as basic, straightforward, and transparent as we can make it. If you are ever surprised with a bill, it’s our fault.
- If you have an internal IT department:Button
“I can’t stretch my budget to meet my IT needs.”
As businesses become more dependent on a wider range of more complex technologies, old IT economic models are becoming obsolete. In particular, few companies can afford to maintain all the IT capabilities they need in-house. YJT offers compelling economies of scale that enable us to more cost-effectively fulfill many of your IT requirements while also improving service levels.
“I would be open to outsourcing our IT, but our internal IT people here are part of our ‘family.’ There is no way I would let them go.”
We understand, respect, and value your loyalty to your IT staff — and their loyalty to you! There are truths, however, that impact both you and the people that are on your internal IT team:
- In order to stay competitive, the economics of IT are driving businesses to outsource their IT operations. The value proposition is becoming too compelling to not make that move. As more of your business becomes cloud-based, the need for an internal IT staff continues to go down. But, as more of your workforce works remotely, on mobile devices, and on multiple applications in multiple places, the need for on-demand, specialized technical skillsets increases. Bottom line: Internal IT operations jobs are going away over time.
- The job market for technical people, especially in Chicago, is HOT. We have talked with many employees who originally feared losing their jobs, only to find themselves in higher-paying, more interesting roles, with a definite career path. In fact, the lack of IT talent in our country is making national news. Your people will get hired quickly — and will likely thank you for helping them to make the switch.
- Hire your own people for a new job. While the need for internal IT operations people is dwindling, the need for IT innovators is accelerating. If you don’t already have a team focused on innovating with technology for your core business, create one. Who better to seed this team than your own IT people who know your business inside and out?!
- YJT is always hiring! We can craft arrangements with you to hire your IT people into our organization.
“I would be open to outsourcing our IT, but we have to have an internal, on-site IT presence here. Our needs are too specialized, our internal people have too much knowledge of our proprietary systems, and we have too much at risk to allow a possible downtick in our service.”
We get it. The stakes are high. We support trading and financial industry firms who have billions of dollars transacting across the networks we support. That is why we work side by side with you — and your internal IT people — to craft a workable solution, including ensuring that you have on-site resources whenever you need them. That is also why we only work within 90 miles of our office. We believe in “feet on the ground,” personal relationships, and deep knowledge of internal systems that develops over time.
However, we have also seen organizations suddenly paralyzed when their internal IT people leave for another job. The key-man dependency risks for organizations with proprietary knowledge is substantial. Outsourcing to a high-service, high-touch partner is an excellent way to reduce that dependency in a controlled, progressive approach.
We have a detailed and proven on-boarding approach where we walk through your applications, your processes, and your architecture. We review past support incidents. And we begin to document. And document. And document.
Not only can this hurdle be overcome, but strategically outsourcing proprietary functions is one of the best things you can do to reduce your organization’s risk.
“I have multiple IT issues, but I’d like to just solve the worst one first.”
Many companies are struggling in a variety of areas when it comes to IT operations, but they want any prospective partner to prove their abilities and their responsiveness before they commit to a major engagement. YJT is happy to address your biggest problem first—and then build our relationship with you from there.
“We spend too much time fighting fires—and not enough on innovation.”
Most internal IT teams spend 80% or more of their resources on just “keeping the lights on.” This prevents them from impacting the business in new, innovative ways. YJT can solve this problem by freeing internal IT staff from routine operations, managing new technology initiatives, or doing some of both.
- If you are a brand new organization:Button
“I’m starting a new business and need a ready-made IT department.”
IT can be extremely capital intensive for new companies. YJT enables such companies to avoid excessive capital investment by delivering IT operations as a turnkey service—and by leveraging the cloud to start small and scale as needed.