Wanted: A Trail-blazing Ambassador for Sales Expeditions
(also known as a Sales Executive)
WHO WE ARE
YJT Solutions is an IT consulting and managed services provider catering to mid-sized Chicago organizations. We launched in 2001, helping to solve some of the IT operational challenges of Chicago’s most intense trading environments. We’re now ranked among MSPmentor’s Top 200 worldwide providers, but our customers are all local. Our sole focus is excellence. If you are fond of the phrase “close enough,” please don’t apply for this job. YJT Solutions has a near-perfect customer satisfaction rating—4.95 out of 5—and that’s not “close enough.” Our success is built on relationships with co-workers, end-users, clients and their clients and employees.
YJT’s sole focus is excellence by every measure, and that effort starts with our focused and high-energy sales team. As a member of that team, you will be the main driver of relationships with new potential clients in set industry verticals. You will be looked at as the subject matter expert of sales strategies to reach and build relationships inside of these verticals, and will be the voice and face of YJT to key stakeholders in those industries. You will consistently collaborate with the CEO and leadership team, helping us to break new ground and take our top tier services to the masses. We consider this a job for people with a competitive desire for career and financial growth, who display a sense of ownership mixed with entrepreneurial pizzazz, and who love the essence of what they do–matching Chicago-based companies with IT solutions that give them a foundation for future innovation and scale.
WHO YOU ARE: SKILLS-WISE
- Simply put, you can close a deal with the C-suite. In terms of experience, you’ve spent at least three years (or up to thirty years) selling services to the C-suite, while working in an outside sales position in a B2B market. The most ideal candidate flawlessly integrates technical terminology into business discussions and has a background in proposing IT service based solutions to resolve operational pain points.
- Your track record demonstrates a proven ability to consistently meet and exceed sales quotas. Your hours of research, attentive listening skills, and ability to translate needs into viable solutions keep you well ahead of deadlines, and help ensure all your tasks make it over the finish line.
- You are much more than a “one trick pony,” and you cringe at the thought of being labeled the greasy salesman. You are people-focused, and remain consistently motivated by the opportunity to transform businesses and empower their employees though the services you sell.
- You have an innate ability to conduct independent research on companies and industries, and then synthesize that information into tangible sales strategies. You appreciate the fact that you can’t truly connect with a prospect until you make the effort to get to know them and can fluently “speak their language.”
- You have a proven process for maintaining business relationships and a personal organizational system in place that ensures you let nothing fall through the cracks, and get quality work done in less time.
- You are familiar with recent technology trends that have rewritten the rules of traditional sales. You have mastered the use of CRM platforms (Salesforce is a major plus) to record and manage opportunities, and you can navigate numerous social media platforms—including LinkedIn—to maximize your outreach efforts and supplement your industry knowledge.
- You possess a winning combination of superb writing skills and highly-refined verbal communication skills. You can convey energy, confidence, and genuine interest over the phone just as easily as you convey competence, professionalism, and trustworthiness in person. Your emails are professionally worded, (generally) free of errors, and have just the right pinch of personality. In any medium, communicating clearly, effectively, and persuasively is a natural ability you are proud of.
WHO YOU ARE: PERSONALITY-WISE
- Thrilled by the chase. Your spirit animal is Jack Donaghy and your drive to succeed matches his quest to become CEO of GE. You are motivated by the opportunity to compete against yourself, generate your own leads, and overcome obstacles as you build and expand upon new territory. You thrive on exceeding goals and crossing tasks off your to-do list. The challenge of each task keeps you driven and focused as you enhance your skills and cultivate new relationships in Chicago, all while looking your best, because after all, “your hair is your head-suit”…you’re not a farmer.
- Social Dynamo. There is a magnetic quality to your personality, which means that you rarely leave an event without making a new connection or acquaintance. You have a remarkable ability to light up a room and keep any number of prospects entertained with your enthusiasm and charisma. You are known for your ability to keep people engaged, whether over the phone or in person, no matter the topic at hand.
- Reactive Listener. Your mastery at building the base for long-term business relationships is what sets you apart as a sales professional. You are assertive without being pushy, and have mastered the art of reading your audience. You have a keen ability to actively listen to the needs of a prospect, and can strategically identify opportunities to provide a solution that uniquely alleviates their pain points.
- Promise Keeper. Hearkening back to your days on the playground and the “super pinky promise”– when you make a commitment, you keep it. You religiously follow through on your commitments and understand the importance of time management and prioritization, knowing how critical every detail is when closing a deal. From first call to last handshake, you seek to continuously present yourself to prospects as a trustworthy resource, answering their questions and leading them to the best solution for their season of business.
- A+ Top Performer. You are a multitasking champion who is well versed in the ABC’s of sales: Always Be Closing. With the end of a quarter approaching, you are able to stay cool, calm and collected, in order to close deals and secure signatures. You can manage multiple screens, back-to back-conversations, and high-volume activities without falling to pieces or losing track of leads. Plus, your competitive spirit keeps you motivated as you continue to expand into new territory, conquer a difficult sale, and take home that 1983 Cadillac El Dorado!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
(Otherwise known as the fine print, the list of job tasks and responsibilities.)
The Sales Executive is primarily responsible for closing new business relationships with key decision makers at mid-sized organizations in Chicago, and for following up on new prospect opportunities generated by sales and marketing activity. The Sales Executive will aim to meet or exceed set sales goals while leveraging a variety of approaches and tools. This position will report to the Sales Manager.
Identify and Cultivate Opportunities
- Gather and generate new leads to meet weekly activity goals through the use of database contacts, personal contacts, marketing leads, and client referrals.
- Pursue, research, and attend industry events, training opportunities, and networking socials to organically grow relationships with stakeholders in your assigned industries.
- Utilize online resources including LinkedIn and industry news sources to identify and connect with individual prospects and key stakeholders.
- Conduct targeted outreach to new groups or contacts that could benefit from YJT services. Adjust outreach strategies based on the reception of your efforts.
- Record the outcome of your calls, emails, in-mails, and event activity in the CRM and set follow-up tasks.
- Cultivate relationships with prospects by inviting them to YJT organized events, coordinating with our marketing specialist.
- Deepen prospect’s knowledge of YJT offerings and services through utilizing existing collateral and creative content.
Develop Industry Expertise
- Perform various research tasks aimed at helping you and the sales team better understand the concerns and challenges of specific companies and industries in relation to their technology needs.
- Explore and propose new channels or forums that present additional sales opportunities for YJT.
- Assist in the development and improvement of YJT’s prospect outreach methods enabling expansion into new industries.
- Work with the sales team and marketing specialist to develop current messaging standards, sales tactics, and communications templates for your assigned industries.
- Identify and communicate the need for additional collateral that might aide in your outreach and sales efforts to the Marketing Specialist.
Drive Sales Process
- Raise awareness of YJT Solutions in target industries and build rapport with executives, so that YJT is top-of-mind when technology challenges arise.
- Confirm and attend appointments set for you by the inside sales team.
- Set and manage your own calendar of appointments, events and networking opportunities aimed at expanding your current prospects list and generating your own leads.
- Perform and respond to life-cycle sales functions for your prospects:
- Schedule and conduct Introductory Meetings with prospects
- Coordinate preparedness assessment completion with pre-sales engineer, and review outcome and recommendations with the prospect
- Develop services and project proposal(s) and present to the prospect
- Coordinate contract signatures and contract revisions
- Deliver signed contracts to YJT and conduct a knowledge transfer with the Professional Services team for new client on-boarding
- Ensure your assigned prospects are correctly categorized with updated close date and closure probability in the CRM at each point in the sales process.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
First of all, you’ll get our respect and gratitude for the role you play in making YJT Solutions the best it can be. As often as possible, we’ll provide you the freedom to explore new skills, assume new areas responsibility, and pursue opportunities to grow.
Our environment is high velocity and oftentimes demanding, but we are lucky to form a team in which everyone sets the bar high and is right alongside you aiming for bigger, better, smarter. We get to be pretty hands on with our work, and seeing our goals achieved and processes refined is an incredibly rewarding experience.
Here are some of the employee benefits we currently offer:
- Competitive base plus commission package
- Matching employer contributions to your 401k
- 100% coverage of your medical and dental insurance premiums
- 100% coverage of life insurance premiums, plus short- and long-term AD&D
- Tax-deferred commuter expense reimbursement account
- A reimbursement program for certification test materials and exams
- Flexible PTO policy
- “Fridays @ 4,” our weekly Happy Hour
- Weekly office-sponsored lunches
- Company-wide outings every three months. Recent examples include Ravinia concerts, rooftop barbecues, floating the Chicago River, bowling & bocce, laser tag, and vintage gaming at Headquarters, among other things!
One more thing. YJT Solutions is Chicago-centric, so you won’t be getting on airplanes and pulled away from your family, friends, and community. We only serve organizations that are headquartered in and adjacent to the city. Whether you already live in Chicagoland, or will be moving to join us, we think access to Chicago—and the ability to actually live your life here—is one of the best benefits of a role at YJT.
At YJT, we’re thrilled to contribute to the city’s global excellence. We hope you will be, too.